[optimal] Re: Zeiss FC lamp question

  • From: Marshall Tyler <marshalletyler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 19:44:19 -0500

Dirk-Uwe,
 Watch out for "knock off" lamps. We had problems with the base flange
being soldered at an angle.... Thus the lamp filament was no where close to
the correct position even after adjusting the base alignment screws to make
the filament aligned properly. There were some lamps where the filament
could be almost aligned correctly BUT,... after a bit of use, the filament
would develop a perminant sag.
I hope all users of these fine old cameras adjust the viewing lamp filament
postion after installing a new bulb.
Thank you,
 *Marshall*
Marshall E Tyler