[optimal] Re: Welcome to the new OPTIMAL list.

  • From: Chris Tuger <khrxx5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:01:00 -0700 (PDT)

Please remove me from this list.

________________________________
From: Joe Warnicki <warnickij@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, June 12, 2010 8:52:51 AM
Subject: [optimal] Welcome to the new OPTIMAL list.

Welcome to the new OPTIMAL list.

I just moved the entire membership of the old list
over to
this list.

The OPTIMAL server had another power problem and a
new
solution needed to be found quickly.

I have connected with a group, freelists.org, that
will give
us a list serve and I moved OPTIMAL to it until a better solution can
be found.
It has web, RSS and email access so once joined you can get messages
with any
of these methods.

The link to join, change options, remove duplicate emails and review
the
archive is //www.freelists.org/list/optimal
The list will send you a password if you enter
your email
address without a password.

To post just send an email to optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list has several advantages. It is actually
more like
the original OPTIMAL then the last version. You can now attach images
and you
can also review messages using an RSS feed. It also has a digest mode.

That being said it does not have all the
advantages that we
would want to share information. I’m still looking at other solutions
which
will give us more features but at least this site will have better
availability.

Anton and Mark have already made some suggestions
for a
better list, if others have ideas I would also like to discuss these.

We started OPTIMAL back in 1993 with only 25
users. At that
time most ophthalmic photographers shot on film and did not have email
addresses. I don’t have an accurate current membership since some users
have
multiple email addresses registered but I would guess we have between
800 and
1000 members world wide.

Thank you all for participating.

Joe