[optimal] Re: VF in room with windows

  • From: Barry Broswick <barebroz1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 21:12:07 -0600

Our HFA is in a room with a window the full width of the room and the window is
covered with 1" aluminum mini blinds (white).  It is set up with the machine
backed up to the window so the light coming in through the window enters the
bowl indirectly and doesn't have any effect on the calibration.  And this is
even the case with the windows getting direct sunlight in the afternoons.  In a
previous job, they were in small rooms that opened to a hallway with windows
opposite the doors and when the doors were opened, the units wouldn't properly
calibrate.
So I think you'll be alright as long as you don't allow too much light in
through the window and what light does get in doesn't go directly into the bowl.

Barry Broswick