[optimal] Scheduling of patient's imaging

  • From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 12:04:51 -0700

*         We have a daily schedule, with wiggle room

*         We book reasonable and realistic times for our patients

*         We don't overbook

*         This allows us the latitude to take "on demand" patients

*         This also insures that our patient's are not overbooked, and waiting
hours

*         It also guarantees, that if we have no shows, that technically, we
have a "hole" in our schedule

*         But, something ALWAYS fills the hole, we are never doing nothing

*         We are always doing something, without chaos...

Financially, this is not a good model.  We are blessed that our hospital
heavily subsidizes and supports our efforts without applying the lash...

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS
Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center
CPMC Department of Ophthalmology
2100 Webster Street Suite 212
San Francisco CA 94115