[optimal] Nikon FS-2 digital conversion

  • From: Fernando Corrada <fcorrada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:21:42 -0500

Hi optimalers.

I am trying to revive a very old Nikon FS2 photo slitlamp. This project may not
be feasable but I am going to give it a good try.
The optics, flash and illumination are in good working order. The FS2 is
missing the ring that holds the 35mm camera which used to be a Nikon FM2. The
missing Nikon mount ring has 5 screw holes and the holes are not symmetrical in
location. Does anyone has one of this FS2's in a closet that could
sell/donate/barter some of its parts?
Plan B would be to use a P&S camera with a Haag-Streit BM slit lamp. TTI
Medical sells a P&S with an adapter to insert in the eyepiece optical tube for
$1k. If anyone has such a setup or similar, please comment here or offline.
Thank very much in advance.

Fernando B. Corrada
Fletcher Allen Health Care
Burlington,VT