[optimal] Re: Lytro Camera

  • From: Dennis Dowell <dennis_dowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 15:19:29 +0000

I looked also at this exciting technology for our Navilas camera/laser.
However, it’s not just processing that produces these effects,it needs a
special sensor
with a microlens array matching the objective optics.  Part of our
objective optics is the patient’s eye therefore, we have not been able to use
it in our system....yet. My director of advanced development turned me onto
another company in Germany called Raytrix who have been doing this kind of
thing a little longer than Lytro. Their focus (pardon the pun) is towards
industry and less oriented to the consumer market. I don't know if Lytro offers
this but, Raytrix technology can also produce a stereo image from a single
exposure.Their website is: www.raytrix.de
Dennis
Dennis Dowell MFA., MS.

Mobile: 1-817 821-9031

"THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE PARTY TO WHOM IT IS
    ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND
    PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER LAW. If you are not the addressee, or a
person
    authorized to deliver the document to the addressee, you are hereby
notified
    that any review, disclosure, dissemination, copying, or other action based
    on the content of this communication is not authorized. If you have
received
    this document in error, please immediately notify the sender immediately by
    e-mail or phone."

To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [optimal] Re: Lytro Camera
From: angiolith@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:08:01 -0400

It is interesting technology.  However, the technology seems to allow you to
only move the focal point within a picture. What would be much more useful (at
least in my opinion) would be to be able to put the entire scene into focus.
Anyone know if that is possible?

Marty Rothenberg

Angiographics, Inc.