[optimal] File Server for Heidelberg OCTs

  • From: Adeline Stone <astone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 23:11:45 +0000

Hello-

I am looking into a file server to connect all four capture stations into one
data base, and then image the file server as a back up. Does anyone currently
do this with your capture stations in multiple locations? How does the
performance work for you, and what brand is the file server? I am being told
12,000 RPM for the reading and writing of the data should be sufficient for 4
cameras.

Need anyone's advice or opinion, as we have been using a NAS drive which
failed, and now I am dealing with a headache to straighten out our
database/archive and merging from the temporary external drive.....

Thanks!
Adeline Stone, COT CRA CDOS
Diagnostic Services Supervisor