[optimal] Discontinuation of support for selected Nikon automated instruments

  • From: Mark Forman <mforman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:09:21 -0400

Hello Optimal!

We have the last remaining parts for the following Nikon
autorefractors/autorefractor-keratometers:

NR-5100 autorefractor circa 1986
NR-5500 autorefractor circa 1994
NRK-8000 Autorefractor/Keratometer circa 1994

We have elected to discontinue support for the 5500 and 8000 units starting
January 1, 2014. Curiously enough, we will be able to continue some support
for the earlier model for quite some time. Please place orders for fixation
bulbs, batteries, covers, power supplies etc prior to the Christmas holiday
to ensure availability. Please note we are no longer supplying replacement
joystick cables and are instead supplying used, 100% tested complete
joysticks until supplies run out. Calibration service on the model 5500 and
8000 units is limited to adjustments only, full calibration is still
available for the 5100 model.

Thanks.
--
Regards,