[optimal] Re: Convert PDF to Powerpoint

  • From: Marshall Tyler <marshalletyler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:54:29 -0500

Bill,
 In Photoshop CS3 there is a File, Automate, Web Photo Gallery tool. This
creates one large webpage of thumbnail images from the folder of your
choice. You select the number of images across, size of thumbnails, and
size of the larger individually selected photos. There are a number of web
"styles" so pick a simple one.

 In addition to a few files for the home-page, there are 3 directories:
pages, thumbnails, images. In the Images folder you will find, highly
compressed JPGs of your PDF files. They are sized as you selected when you
created the website. I think that the largest image is 600x800 pixels.

 Next, open PPT and select Insert, PhotoAlbum. Select a style with a black
background, or whatever you choose. You will select a folder to import the
newly created JPG images. They will be sorted by filename so, if you had
modified the beginning of the filename, they will come in pre-ordered:  eg:
001xxx, 002xxx, 003xx, etc.

 This process will take under 5-10 minutes for future PPT conversions. The
first time will take a bit longer to get your workflow into your head.

Mark,
  Do you know where Adobe put this function in Photoshop CS5?? I could not
find it.

Bill,
This worked for me. I hope that it will work for you.

*Marshall*
Marshall E Tyler
 s/v *Silk*