[optimal] Re: Cirrus printing

  • From: Marshall Tyler <marshalletyler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:50:54 -0500

Richard,
 Have you tried a paper upgrade?
 Consider "Domtar Cougar Digital Choice #2826". Barcode #7 23382 28268 9
smooth, 70/28lb., It comes 8 (not 10) reams to the case.
It is about $82/case so about 2cents per sheet, or a bit more than double
the cheapest paper.
Considering that you are dumping 20cents for B&W to a buck for color
toner/ink it seems to make your results look much better for a reasonable
increase in cost. If I were the patient, I would go for the extra 25cents
for a readable set of prints.
There may be an adjustment in SnagIt to up the contrast. Is everything else
printed out of OIS OK on that printer?
Just my 2cents,
*Marshall*
Marshall E Tyler