[optimal] Allergies and Other Irritants

  • From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 11:57:07 -0700

I'm afraid my recent eMail posts are another form of irritant

This was not meant to be a call to arms, or one of taking sides across the
battlements

More, to spark curiosity and conversation regarding a common phenomenon in our
world- the over use of the word "allergies"

What is an irritant, and what is a true allergy?   Is asthma, or other
breathing distresses true allergies?

How do we cope with this in the real world?  People come in all sizes and
smells...

What happens if our patients have a reaction to US?

Curious minds want to know....

D.

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS
Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center
CPMC Department of Ophthalmology
2100 Webster Street Suite 212
San Francisco CA 94115