Re: reading handwriting with the Optacon

  • From: "Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:15:59 -0400

Charles,

I'm going to combine responses here.  First, hand-writing, then filling out
forms.

As far as hand-writing, I could make out notations that my boss put in memos
that I had drafted; and I could read the romantic notes my sighted ex used to
write.

As for forms, I was unaware of the hand-writing guide for the camera.  I have
a IBM typewriter lens which I used to routinely fill out forms with at work,
including tabular forms with 12 boxes across and twenty-five rows on a
standard page.  Once you got the lens aligned, as long as somebody else didn't
mess with the typewriter, it worked splendidly well.

Steve
Lansing, MI