RE: I have the Optacon 2 serial interface document

  • From: "Westmoreland, J. R." <jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 08:22:55 -0600

That is what I'm looking for.
I HAD a copy or the protocol document required to write programs the the
optacon 2.
I boxed the print copy of this document and now can't find it.
I'm also looking for the library I designed that implemented that
protocol spec.
Unfortunately, That may be on tape and at this point there is some doubt
as to whether we still have a drive that will read the tape, if we can
=66ind it. Backup is a great thing if you always make sure that you have
away to read the media into the future. <grin>
I wrote the library in C so at least it should still be usable. <smile>
The print document would be a big help in case I missed something on the
=66irst time around.

Sorry if what I wanted was unclear.
I am also aware that this thing is only of value to software designers
but when you need it you REALLY need it.

Thanks,
J. R.

J. R. Westmoreland
PacifiCorp I/T Telecom Network Support