[optacon-l] Re: A Little Early Optacon History Sought

  • From: "Pam Drake" <pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:40:14 -0800

When I went for teacher training in 1981 I believe, another student and I
got the opportunity to visit the V.A. rehab center where they were working
on the Talking Optacon.  It was interesting, though some of the misreads
were hysterical!  Too bad the funding ran out before the device had a chance
to be fully developed.  I guess this would have been considered as the
beginning of the end of Optacon history.  <sigh>

Pam