[opendtv] Re: We Need Real Competition, Not a Cable-Internet Monopoly

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 01:21:28 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Hey Bert.
>
> I suggested that you argue with the author of the article that re-enforces
> my arguments.
>
> Once again you ignore the facts and argue with me.

Hey Craig, I simply tell it like it is. My broadband monthly bill is not high,
~$30/mo. What high is the phone bill, and almost half of it is taxes. Including
local taxes. And, we get our own "freeview" here too, just as they do in the UK.

These are factual points. Anything about them you don't get?

Plus, Susan Crawford claims the solution is more government regulation. Are you
saying you now agree with her now? That's hilarious, but it is an aside. If
you're hoping that heavy government regulation will lower your MVPD bill,
that's funny, right?