[opendtv] Re: Walled Gardens

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 07:09:43 -0500

At 5:21 PM -0800 2/3/10, Kon Wilms wrote:
Oh you're stretching.. far.. with that strawman. Web apps run on any
device and have nothing to do with the fact that the iPhone is a
closed walled garden, controlling what I can *install and use* on it
and not what I can *access* with it.

I understand your concerns here, but it looks like some developers consider this to be an advantage. Not saying I agree, but this opinion piece is worth the read...

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/story/10673490/1/why-the-ipad-is-so-revolutionary.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Why the iPad Is So Revolutionary
By Joe Hewitt   02/03/10 - 11:26 AM EST