[opendtv] Re: Users as Toast: The Blocking of Google TV

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:14:55 -0800

Bert wrote:

"So, I can go with my PC and watch everything in the Apple Store, is what
you're saying. Right? Just like I can go with any browser and watch content
from fox.com or nbc.com, right?"

I'm not sure what your intent with this question is.  Forgive me if I am
patronizing, but you can go to the Apple Store and watch any of it on a
Windows machine.  Of course, you must install iTunes and Quicktime Player
on your Windows machine but both are free.  I've watched many things from
the Apple Store, most of it free (but it has been a while so there may have
been changes).

Many independent program providers that I know (read: schools and churches)
use iTunes to get their content to the PC, Mac and i-Device.  Some entities
use both Flash websites and the Apple Store so they can get to both
i-Devices and standard computers.

If you did know this, are you objecting to the requirement of using iTunes
and Quicktime?

Dan