[opendtv] Re: Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's MondayMemo)2004April20

  • From: "Kon" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:23:23 -0700

> two of the
broadcast conglomerates now offer paid subscription services to view
their TV news stories via the Internet.

Not free (i.e. if I have said service on cable and I sub to it, I still have
to pay up on the internet site), not live, not broadcast, and not 24/7. They
have been doing this a long time, with little progress in terms of new
features (besides redesigning the player GUI). Searchable media, data mining
of news items, ... yeah, right.

What is this, the ice age? :)

Cheers
Kon