[opendtv] TiVo's Steve Wymer lays out his company's current and future hardware plans

  • From: Monty Solomon <monty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipient:;
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 02:44:11 -0500

TiVo's Steve Wymer lays out his company's current and future hardware plans

by Jason Inofuentes
Jan 23 2014

Wednesday night, a report was released saying that TiVo would either
be exiting the hardware business or laying off people (or both),
leading to speculation about the future of the venerable DVR maker.
TiVo denied that this was the case, and we had a chance to speak with
TiVo Vice President of Corporate Communications Steve Wymer about the
report. His responses to our questions seemed to point to the
possible layoffs as being less a dramatic shift in strategy than a
continuation of the path that TiVo has already been on. We began,
though, with a pretty direct question.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/01/tivos-steve-wymer-lays-out-his-companys-current-and-future-hardware-plans/