[opendtv] Re: The magic adapter: Apple TV and the battle for the living room

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 15:28:11 -0500

The article ends like this:

http://radar.oreilly.com/2011/03/appletv-living-room.html

"Why not combine the hardware and software constructs to let consumer
electronics manufacturers harness Apple's iOS-iTunes mojo? Putting a bow around
this, what if Apple helped save Sony, Steve Jobs' one-time aspirational
business hero, by nesting an Apple TV inside of a real TV?"

I say, who cares? Why would anyone see the need to indulge in this cult
worship? Apple, Sony, movie stars, athletes, whatever.

What's really sad is to think that adding an Apple emblem to a Sony TV would
"save Sony." I mean, it's a sad commentary on the consumers, not on Apple, of
course. (That point seems to be lost all the time.) I can get that and a lot
more without having to pay homage to any one brand.