[opendtv] The Road Show - A Taste of NAB 2004

  • From: "Larry Bloomfield" <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:16:19 -0400

Hi all:
With a conflict between us and the Nebraska state broadcast association meeting
near the same time as when we'd be there, the Omaha SBE Chapter has elected not
to host us this year, but do want us back next year. This leaves us with an
opening on Wednesday, August 4th. If you know of any place where we can make it
to, we'd like to fill this hole in our schedule.

We will be doing our presentation on Monday, August 2nd in St. Paul, MN at Twin
Cities Public Television for both the SBE Chapter and SMPTE section there and
have to be in Riverton, WY on Friday, August 6th for a noon presentation at
Wyoming Public Television for the Wyoming SBE Chapter. Anything between that we
can reasonably get to will be considered.  Any ideas?

This next week's schedule:

On Monday, July 12th we'll be in North Haven, CT at HB Communications. This is
an SBE Chapter 14 event. For details, visit:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2004/32_New_Haven.htm

On Wednesday, July 14th, we'll be in Boston, MA. This is an SBE Chapter 11
event. For details, visit:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2004/33_Boston.htm     and

On Friday, July 14th we'll be in Albany, NY at New York Network. This is and
SBE Chapter 58 event. For details, visit:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2004/34_Up_State_NY.htm

For the entire schedule, visit:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2004/2004-1-Itinerary.htm

A final note: I'm very please and proud to announce that Eugene, OR now has an
SBE Chapter and its number is 76.  This is the number of a chapter that went
away some 20 years ago. New SBE member Dennis Hunt, Director of Engineering for
Chambers Communications and KEZI-TV in Eugene, is our Chapter Chair and Chris
Heck is the Vice-Chair. I have the dubious distinction of being the membership
and program chair.

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC
The Road Show - A Taste of NAB in  New York City
1980 25th St.
Florence, OR 97439
(541) 902-2424 Home/Office/Cell