[opendtv] Test

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV Mail List <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:00:54 -0500

This is a message that Prin sent to the list that went all weird.  I
asked him to send it to me. I am now sending it to the list to see if
it gets weird again...

[original with line breaks]

This-is-the-message-,again-plaintext

Fingers-crossed-for the =20%'s

Jeroen and I have discussed this before between us. We have an aged LCD
TFT panel in the lab.  A circular zone plate who's phase is changing at
a critical speed gives a STATIC residual pattern of the zone plate when
the source is removed.  If you then do the classic waving of your
fingers in front of your eyes you apparently see interlace twitter - the
TFT panel was being driven with a progressive image.

This is the effect of the combination of the two effects that Jeroen
desribes.

Prin

Prinyar Boon
Snell & Wilcox Ltd