[opendtv] Re: Terrayon 7000 Manuals ?

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:26:06 -0700

John;

fortunately, this associate would have no problem throttling down the
bitstream to 19.39.  I don't know for sure, and I have to be vague anyway,
but I suspect that they want to compete with Terayon.  Otherwise, they could
just call up Terayon, with which they have a commercial relationship.

I also note in a subsequent post that you gave the link to the license
patch.  Last time I checked, it was still being worked on.

Talking to the folks from Terayon at NAB, I discerned that they might be
interested in pursuing the tv station market.  There's a funny story there,
but I guess I'll be discreet and leave it for private conversations.  Let's
just say I spent much time at the Terayon booth, waiting to meet with
someone who didn't show up for two days in a row.  The last time I visited,
they were asking "Has ___ been fired yet?"

John