[opendtv] Re: Stations terminating early

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:12:11 -0800

Good point, John.  So, the clock hasn't even started ticking, which means
that the FCC can't even do a thing -- if they can at all -- until the bill
is signed into law.

No criteria, no jurisdiction, no clue, but plenty of attitude.

I noted last night that KFMB-DT has a new on-air announcement; same content
as Monday night, but spoken in a normal word rate.

Wouldn't it be funny if Obama signs the bill on Feb 16.  Of course, by
signing the bill, he will cause people at TV stations to lose their job
since the difference in power bills has to be made up somewhere in budgets
that were firmed up late last year.

And, last time I checked, signing such a bill wouldn't enable stations
losing the lease on their analog towers to keep transmitting from those
site(s).

I'm starting to get a whiff that is strongly reminiscent of the Carter
administration.

When will we get a sweater-clad address about our "malaise?"

John Willkie

From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>