[opendtv] PR: NMT Continues to Drive the HDTV Revolution

  • From: DISMO@xxxxxxx
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 03:07:04 EDT

www.prosoundnews.com
NMT Continues to Drive the HDTV Revolution
Torrance, CA (May 27, 2004)--National Mobile Television (NMT) has announced
as part of its strategy to maintain its leadership position in the mobile
television industry that it is building two new High Definition Television
(HDTV)
mobile units in 2004, with the first to roll out June 1.

Additionally, NMT will roll out three more HD units for use in 2005 which
will raise to 10 the number of HDTV mobile units in NMT's existing fleet of 47.
NMT owns and operates the largest number of HDTV mobile units in the United
States and currently has contracts to provide HD facilities to ABC Sports,
ESPN,
MSG, NESN, and iNDemand.

"NMT must react to the growing needs and desires of our customers and we are
committed to HDTV and its dramatic impact on the television industry," said
Mark Howorth, CEO of NMT. "This expansion of our fleet of HDTV units, as well
as
retiring some of our older units, further enhances NMT's position as the
leader in HD production."

NMT has selected its subsidiary Venue Services Group (VSG) to design and
construct the two HD mobile units (HD7 and HD8). HD7 will be operational in
June
for the NBA Finals and HD8 will roll in August. Also, NMT is in the process of
converting two analog units to digital units.

The two new 53 ft. expandos will feature Kalypso switchers, Thomson Grass
Valley LDK-6000 multi-format HD cameras, Canon 86:1 and 100:1 lenses, SSL MT+
digital audio consoles, up to 24 channels of networkable replay and Grass
Valley
Trinix routers (256X256 SD and 160X128 HD).

National Mobile Television
www.nmtv.com