[opendtv] Re: Not going to NAB? Willlkie Trolling again

  • From: Neil Pickford <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:48:07 +1100

Stop trolling Willkie

If you don't like Larry - keep it to yourself - not on the list.

You continue to portray yourself very poorly to at least the international readers on this list (maybe this is ok in the USA), lower the tone and increase the noise on the list.

I certainly wouldn't pay for your talk!

Very unprofessional list conduct.

Neil Pickford
Australia

John Willkie wrote:
Your words are belied by your actions.

You have now laughed out loud, unbidden, twice at your own “jokes” about me. Yet now you say that I am berating you. What a joker you are! On the Internet, one is only supposed to use LOL at the funny things said by others, not to make what one says “seem funny” especially when they aren’t. I know one can’t usually teach an old dog new tricks, but to indicate that you intend something you say to seem funny, one uses one of the “smiley face” emoticons. J

By the way, I told the story of the two friends of mine who you cold-called trying to sell them your road show at last year’s dinner. I learned of this in February last year. It’s only now, in response to your acting like I would deign to work for you, and making fun of my last name, that I decided to expose it on this list. Who knows what other tales about you that I still have in reserve?

Here’s what another list member said about you in an email message to me the other day

“Larry Bloomfield. One of the original Grumpy Old Men. He's a rude, irascible fuck head.

I placed him on "all-ahead-ignore" almost within moments after meeting him during one of his first "taste" pitch tours. I gotta hand it to him, though. Brilliant idea! Wish I could do an annual RV tour of the US and get a gopher to schlep all my shit for me!”

A not-tremendously-distant relative of mine ran for President twice. So, “a Willkie” looks like a candidate for President for a major political party, a man bold and brave enough to run against FDR during wartime. I’ll leave your last name alone, but I note that every time I talk with you, in person or on the telephone, you are whining about something, be it Brad Dick “treating you wrong” at Broadcast Engineering (all my experiences with him have been quite professional and straightforward, thank you) or losing a sponsor at the road show, or even about me, including those eight phone calls that I almost considered complaining to your carrier about.

I’ll let others decide if I am more often off-base than you are. Nor am I a shrew – which is a femine term -- but it’s quite funny how you engage in a below-the-belt debate while saying that you won’t do a debate with me. If your work in Broadcast Engineering had had half as much panache, you would most likely be writing for the magazine yet today.
But, I’ll take being called shrewish over being called a whiner any day.

Oh, by the way “off-base” is a conclusory statement, but at base, a non-denial. Or, in binary debating terms, it’s an “admission” when offered without anything else.