[opendtv] Not a good week

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:49:04 -0400

Hi all – NOT A GOOD WEEK!

As some of you may have heard, this past week was not a good work for
us. Due to a very serious health condition, I was hospitalized in
Binghamton, NY resulting in the cancellation of our presentations in
both Syracuse and Rochester, NY. Now that I’m out and on the mend, I
WILL proceed with the Taste of NAB2005 Road Show! For anyone interested,
and so I don’t bore those who aren’t, the details of this episode are
posted elsewhere (http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005/Ill-post.pdf).

I want to thank all of you who’ve written, the folks in Binghamton, NY
for their support during my ordeal and for the understanding of the
folks who worked so hard to put together what would have been the
presentation in Syracuse and Rochester, NY. If you’ll have the Road Show
back, we’ll see you next year.

This coming week will be easy on us. We will be in Youngstown, OH, where
we’ll do our presentation for SBE Chapter 122 and anyone else who would
care to attend our educational event. Things will begin at noon on
Wednesday, August 31st in the Clear Channel Radio facilities. For
details (map, etc.), please visit:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005/51-Youngstown.htm

We will then be taking time off until after Labor Day for some rest and
recovery before we head for Pittsburgh, PA.

To see a schedule of future venues for this year, please visit:
http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005/2005-2.htm. You can also see where we’ve
been and pictures of the venues completed. Here’s hoping to see you at
one of these places. If you do come, step up and say hi.

You do NOT have to be a member of SBE and/or SMPTE to attend any of
their functions. Anyone with an honest interest in broadcast technology
is *_most_* welcome. There are no admission fees and you might even win
one of the door prizes.

To date, we’ve received more than 140 E-mail this year alone about what
we’ve done. You can see what your fellow engineers are saying about this
year’s presentation at: http://www.tech-notes.tv/2005%20Comments.pdf
(about 600 KB)

--

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC