[opendtv] Re: Netflix to FCC: reclassify Comcast and Verizon so they can’t choke the internet — Tech News and Analysis

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 01:09:45 +0000

I think today was the deadline for e-mailed comments to the FCC. I sent one in
as well, basically saying that Title II, for the broadband service from these
MVPD/ISPs, was probably the only viable option now. The time for "light touch"
regulation regrettably came to an end.

And that the reason was conflict of interest from the ISPs who are also MVPDs.