[opendtv] Re: More Are Watching Internet Video on Actual TVs, Research Sho

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:28:16 -0500

I meant, content DELIVERY networks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Manfredi, Albert E
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:17 PM
To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opendtv] Re: More Are Watching Internet Video on Actual TVs,
Research Sho

Dan Grimes wrote:

> How cool would it be to deliver it without going through a network
> or broadcaster!  But how?  I suppose one could get a good
> programmer to write a dozen applications, one for each device, and
> put it on the store.  Maybe I can work something out with Amazon...

Dan, I'm not in that business, but Kon is.

My understanding is that you guys would stream your content over to one of the
OTT sites, like Amazon or Hulu. And then it becomes their business to
distribute your video to all of their servers. Furthermore, video servers at
those sites have the smarts to detect what device is wanting to see their
stuff, and to offer up the correct stream for that device.

I think that content data network (CDN) companies specialize in just this type
of work.