[opendtv] Re: Maybe Bert will like this take on Apple...

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:16:31 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
> FWIW, I rather liked the MC68000 family of CPUs, myself.
>
> Bert

At the time they announced the first IBM PC early news I was indeed
rooting for it to be a 68000 as I was then professionally an IBM 370
assembly programmer and it would have been much less of a transition for
me, even though I then owned a z80 based TRS-80 machine at home.  But it
would have made the first IBM PC's even more expensive than they were.

That one decision by IBM pretty much made the next 20 years of PC
history, IMHO.

- Tom