[opendtv] MPEG ASI over long distances

  • From: "Mark O'Brien" <mobrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:07:26 -0500

I need to send an ASI stream between two TV stations in different markets.  I
only need about a megabyte of bandwidth.  Lots of options exist to send IP data
this distance (T-1, for example).  Can anyone tell me what type of connection I
need to order to send MPEG data?  Would a frame relay circuit work?

Can I use a T-1 line and encapsulate the MPEG into IP packets for transmission,
then strip the IP transport layer to get back to an MPEG stream (kind of a
reverse IP encapsulation)?  If so, what equipment do I need on each end to do
this?

Thanks,
Mark

-- Type: application/ms-tnef