[opendtv] LATEST ON THE AES DINNER

  • From: ShLampen@xxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:25:25 EDT

THE LATEST ON THE AES INERNET DINNER: Weâ??re up to 31 attendees at Buca di
Beppo (thanks to Bill Ruck for the suggestion). Itâ??s only a block away but
they
couldnâ??t take us Friday or Saturday, so I have reserved for 100 THURSDAY
NIGHT,
the first day of the show!  I have to give them a firm head count by the
21st.

DATE:                         Thursday, October 28, 2004
PLACE:                       Buca di Beppo
                                    855 Howard St.
                                    415-543-7673
COST:                         $27.50 includes everything, including tip,
except alcohol.
See menu choices at the very end of this email.
We have until 9:30PM at the restaurant.
DIRECTIONS:            Go out of the hall and turn West (away from the bay,
towards Twin Peaks). You are at 747 Howard St.  Just go to 855, one block away.
TIME:                          7 PM (one hour after the close of show that
day)
We will meet at the Belden booth (#1414) at a casual 6 PM, at the end of the
show, and proceed en masse, probably around 6:30 PM.

Do you want to go?  Just send an email to shlampen@xxxxxxxx  Do NOT reply to
this post as I almost certainly will not see it. Give me your full name, and
the name of your company (optional), and where youâ??re located (also
optional).
I wonâ??t post email addresses since such a list can be easily abused.

If you are bringing guests, be sure and indicate how many, so I can get an
accurate count. You can talk amongst yourselves about the GREAT time you had at
previous versions of this get-together.  As usual, I will post the updated
list every few days. Feel free to pass this to other email or newsgroups that
might have members at AES.  Or contact me and I will add that group to my
distribution list.

This year, AES has (finally) set up online "exhibits only" registration for.
No more paper passes. The address is: http://www.aes.org/events/117/vip.cfm?27

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Steve Lampen
Multimedia Technology Manager
Belden CDT

THE LIST SO FAR: If I am missing last names, business connections or other
info, please re-email me.  I would be glad to correct as we go along. Remember,
an asterisk means you said OK to Friday, but weâ??ve moved to Thursday.  Let me
know if you canâ??t do Thursday.

JJ                                             Old & Retired
*Mark                                      Particle Salad
Winter
              San Francisco CA
Jack Andresen                          ETS
     Fremont CA
George Ashley                                                             San
Francisco CA
Clete Baker +3             Studio B, Ltd.                         Omaha NE
Stephen Balliet             Reflection Audio                      San
Francisco CA
Dan Dugan +1                          Dan Dugan Sound Design  San Francisco CA
Gordon Gidluck                        Gidluck Mastering
Eelco Grimm                            Grimm Audio
The Netherlands
Lou & Coleen Judson              Intuitive Audio               San Francisco
CA
Bob Katz +wife
Steve Lampen                          Belden CDT
San Francisco CA
Len Moskowitz                        Core Sound
Bob Olhsson +1                    Audio Mastery
Nashville TN
James & Della Perrett JRP Music                           United Kingdom
*Vince Poulos                          Speck Electronics
Bruno Putzeys                          Grimm Audio
The Netherlands
*Mike Rivers +1
Bill Ruck                                  Broadcast Engineer
 San Francisco CA
Bob Smith                                BS Studios
Mark Stahlman             New Media Laboratory            New York NY

Buca di Beppo
Pre-Set Menu
The preset menu is $27.50 per person.
This includes food from this menu, non-alcoholic beverages, 20% gratuity and
8.5% tax.

ANTIPASTI Choose 2 Items
Garlic Bread
Bruschetta
Garlic Bread with Mozzarella
Fried Calamari

INSALATE Choose 1 Item
Caesar Salad
Mixed Green Salad with Prosciutto & Gorgonzola
Grande Tomato Salad with Meat & Cheese

ENTREES/PASTA Choose 2 Items
Chicken with Lemon
Macaroni Rosa
Baked Ravioli
Spaghetti Aglio Olio
Chicken Cacciatore
Spaghetti Marinara
Eggplant Parmigiana
Rigatoni Positano
Chicken Parmigiana
Penne Cardinale
Chicken Saltimbocca
Linguini Clam Sauce (white or red)

SIDE DISHES Choose 1 Item
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Escarole
Meat Balls (3)
Green Beans

DOLCI Choose 1 Item
Spumoni with Chocolate Sauce
Torta Formaggio con Raspberry
Tiramisu
Torta Doppia Cioccolato
Hey, are you hungy now or what (after reading all that).  (The Belden Guy)
Buca di Beppo will determine quantities based on number in party as well as
dinning room arrangements. Some menu items can be made without meat, just ask!
We have one restricted diet on the list.  Do we have others? Vegetarians?
Vegans?  Just let me know and Iâ??ll see what I can do for your $27.50.  Or you
can call the restaurant yourself at 415-543-7673.  Let me know if you arrange
something special, so I can share it with the group.