[opendtv] Re: How To Define HD-SDI

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:57:12 -0500

Agree with you.

TTFN,
Mark

On 1/29/2010 1:22 PM, dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I have a recent situation where a piece of equipment puts out a purported HD-SDI signal yet the signal does not conform to SMPTE 292M. The manufacturer does not claim to be SMPTE 292M compliant. I would argue that to say it is an HD-SDI signal, it should conform to the specification that defines that term. But I don't think SMPTE owns the term and therefore it could be used however anyone wants to.

What do you all think?

Dan