[opendtv] Re: HDMI attracts three challengers

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:12:19 -0700

Thanks, Mark, for the help.  I followed most of what was said but I need
to chew on this a bit further.  One of the key issues Mr. Tsinberg brings
up is HDMI to DVI is illegal.  That will require some hardware changes at
the projector end.  I'm not sure HDMI is even available for a Christie 7K
projector.

Although a little tardy, I would also like to thank you for the NAB report
you gave a bit back.  Although I spent a good deal of time at NAB this
year, I only discovered a few of the items on your list.  It is really
interesting to read TV Technology and Broadcast Engineering after NAB to
hear about all the things one misses!

Dan

Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:13:48 -0400
From: Mark Schubin <TVMark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [opendtv] Re: HDMI attracts three challengers

 I forwarded the message to Mike Tsinberg of Key Digital, which makes HDMI
routers and distribution equipment.  Here is his response: