[opendtv] Google is now out of the radio ad business

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:21:09 -0800

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/technology/companies/13google.html?th
<http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/technology/companies/13google.html?th&emc
=th> &emc=th

Remember when Craig was touting this "advance" and I was openly skeptical?
Remember when Craig was pumped up about Clear Channel committing 25% of
their ad inventory?

I regularly listen to one Clear Channel station.  In three years, I've never
heard of a single ad that didn't come through Clear Channel talent or staff
(Dr. Laura seems to creep into different dayparts) or wasn't local in
nature.

I guess we don't need to worry much about their purported forays into TV and
cable ads .