[opendtv] Re: EFFector 21.23: Senate Caves and Pass ...

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, opendtv <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 22:27:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

They're great (in the instant matter) pimps for the trial lawyers and the
people who we're at war with.

The illegal language is just over the top.  At the very least, the law was
changed, and so it wasn't illegal.  And, spying on enemies during a declared
war (the Constitution doesn't provide for the the use by Congress in declaring
a war, or even specific language.)

If the caliphate comes, they'll be the first to be sacrificed.  We really have
Iran to thank for this, and they might just help elect the next Republican
president to boot.

John Willkie, who is not now, never has been, and never will be, a Republican.
I can't say that about the Democratic Party. but that was youthful indiscretion.