[opendtv] Re: EE Times: Cloud Service Shrinks Set-Tops

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 02:38:20 -0400

Craig wrote:

PCs are not used much to stream video to TVs.

You don't know that, Craig, but in any event, they are the most used devices to
stream TV. You need to verify your assertions, or just say that this is you gut
feeling.

PCs are designed for lean forward interaction with keyboard and mouse.

Convince me how I'm leaning forward, when I'm on the couch, Craig. You entire
post is unsubstantiated assertions. Remember HDTV, Craig? Niche market?

People who want to use OTT services with their TV tend to connect game
consoles
and streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, etc.

Some do, but this is a small minority of the streaming population, Craig. Very
tiny minority.