[opendtv] Re: Codec

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:03:46 -0700

The same one that boasts 635:1 lossless video compression, compares
their codec's compression performance to WinZip, does 720p at 2Mbits,
delivers '10 times' the compression of MPEG4 (which version they don't
say), and boasts realtime compression on a laptop with no hardware
acceleration?

I'm sure you could have found it with google, but:
http://www.w-i-c-s.com/CompressionTechDV.pdf

Seems they have 'competition' (outperforms AVC by 200%):
http://www.telephonyonline.com/ar/telecom_new_compression_transform/

*Totally* unrelated:
http://www.endlesscompression.com/

Why can't I download a binary of their revolutionary codec and a test
clip to go with it?

Cheers :-P
Kon