[opendtv] Aspect ratio of the Incredibles

  • From: Henry Baker <hbaker1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 06:03:26 -0800

I think that I may have been had.  According to a number
of reviews, the "Incredibles" uses a 2.35:1 aspect ratio,
but the version that I saw at the local Sherman Oaks
theater here in LA appeared to be 4:3!  That's right,
standard TV aspect ratio!  I think that what may have
happened is that the theater couldn't handle wide format,
so they ordered the TV/DVD version instead.  (This may have
been shown on an electronic projector -- I couldn't tell
for sure.)

Did anyone else have the same experience?