[opendtv] Re: Apple TV 'skinny' package likely to accelerate cord cutting - San Jose Mercury News

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 00:58:17 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> This L.A. Times story may give Bert heartburn.

Heartburn? The only "heartburn" would be if (or rather, because) Apple wants to
do this only for its own iToy ecosystem. Otherwise, they're on the right track.
And so are many others, btw, so let's see how successful Apple is at keeping
things walled up.

> Could Apple help accelerate Bert's vision of the future?

Heh heh. Let me turn that one around. Since Apple is getting involved, could
that be what finally convinces Craig? You know, much like "retinal displays"
finally convinced Craig that HDTV wasn't so bad after all?