[opendtv] Re: Amazon Warns FCC About OTT Redefinition | Multichannel

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 07:43:27 -0400

On Sep 14, 2015, at 10:06 PM, Manfredi, Albert E <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Although Amazon is complaining out of their own self-interest, obviously, I
think they are correct. The FCC should stay out of this. The MVPD formula is
either changing or disappearing of its own weight, and the govt need to
attempt to prop it up (even if it would be doing so unwittingly, I'm
convinced).

I expected this response from you, and for once we agree. The marketplace is
working.

Of course we could say exactly the same thing about the need for Title II
regulation of the Internet. The Internet was working, but the FCC broke it
anyway. Looks like they plan to take the next step to control important parts
of it by the end of the year...

You don't seriously think that Wheeler will back down on the MVPD NPRM...

Do You?