[opendtv] Re: Advanced Digital TV Receiver Chip Sets New PerformanceStandard

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:15:59 -0400

Also available at http://www.broadcom.com/press/release.php?id=3D518003

Two interesting highlights:

1. The chip seems to address the dynamic echo shortcomings of the
Linx chip, although this press release does not do justice to a
real comparison. Still, conceptually can't hurt for those
"must-have" mobile applications.

2. A complete front end for digital/analog cable and NTSC/ATSC
would consist of this receiver chip and their BCM 7038 decoder,
targeted primarily at PVRs but I guess usable in any set.

The total price for these two is listed as $80, when bought in
quantity. Not bad. On our way to a $30-35 cost by 2007?

Bert