[opendtv] Re: ATSC Mobile DTV

  • From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 03:26:58 -0800

The packet formatter next shall replace the 3-byte MPEG header place holder with an MPEG

header having an MHE packet PID.

Ron

John Willkie wrote:

More foolishness.

MPEG-2 is a specific form; the mpeg-2 packet; one sync byte, three heaer
bytes, optional adaptation field, and payload.  The only thing that M/H has
with this is the packet size of 188 bytes.  It's simply absurd to aver that
M/H is being carried over MPEG-2 ts, since an MPEG-2 ts requires the packet
form, not just the 188 byte length.

John Willkie