[opendtv] AES DINNER DOWN TO THE WIRE

  • From: ShLampen@xxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:40:14 EDT

Okay, Boys and Girls, here's what I have learned.  The restaurant wanted us
to vote on the dishes so they could pick the MOST POPULAR.  Now I know some of
you have special needs (i.e. no meat) and the restaurant has ASSURED me that
they will take special care of you if there aren't enough non-meat dishes
below.
Since not all of you responded. (respondees are in BOLD on the attendee list
below), I used the ratio of responses to apply to the entire group.  Tonight,
I told the restaurant "41".  They will allow wiggle room of +/- 3 so we can be
up to 44 and that should be OK.  They then picked the top choices from the
whole menu.  Platters of all of these will go around family-style. (Actually,
this sounds like a lot of fun!). Compared to previous years, this should be an
"intimate" dinner. And, hey, if you lost your favorite dish, almost nothing I
chose made the cut! If you need to you can call the restaurant directly and
talk to Amber or Chris.

DATE:       Thursday, October 28, 2004
PLACE:      Buca di Beppo
            855 Howard St.
            415-543-7673
COST:   $27.50 includes everything, gratuity, and tip, (except alcohol).
We have until 9:30PM at the restaurant.
DIRECTIONS: Go out of the hall and turn West (away from the bay, towards Twin
Peaks). You are at 747 Howard St.  Just go to 855, one block away.
TIME:           7 PM (one hour after the close of show that day)
We will meet at the Belden booth (#1414) at a casual 6 PM, at the end of the
show, and proceed en masse, probably around 6:30 PM. Or you can just meet us
at the restaurant.

I used the actual count of those who responded to determine the ratio of
choices to reflect on the entire 41 meals, which will be as follows:

ANTIPASTI
Garlic Bread with Mozzarella
Fried Calamari

INSALATE
Caesar Salad
Mixed Green Salad with Prosciutto & Gorgonzola

ENTREES/PASTA
Chicken with Lemon
Baked Ravioli
Eggplant Parmigiana
Penne Cardinale
Chicken Saltimbocca

SIDE DISHES
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans

DOLCI
Tiramisu
Torta Doppia Cioccolato

Do you want to go?  It's not too late to send me a reservation, but I am only
allowed 3 more than the 41 signed up below.  Just show up at the Belden booth
#1414 at the end of show Thursday, or meet us at the restaurant.

This year, AES has (finally) set up online "exhibits only" registration. No
more paper passes. The address is: http://www.aes.org/events/117/vip.cfm?27

Steve Lampen
Multimedia Technology Manager
Belden CDT

THE LIST SO FAR: An asterisk means you said OK to Friday, but we've moved to
Thursday and you didn't re-confirm. BOLD means you sent me your menu choices.
(You have been formally placed in my Hall of Fame for putting up with all
this!)

Francois            Orban           San Leandro.
JJ              Old & Retired
*Mark               Particle Salad
Winter                              San Francisco CA
Jack Andresen           ETS             Fremont CA
George Ashley                       San Francisco CA
John Atkinson       Stereophile magazine    New York, NY
Clete Baker +2      Studio B, Ltd.      Omaha NE
Stephen Balliet         Reflection Audio        San Francisco CA
John Balmer
Dan Dugan +1            Dan Dugan Sound Design  San Francisco CA
Robin Farrell       JuliRob Productions
Gordon Gidluck      Gidluck Mastering
Aaron J. Grier      Frye Electronics        Portland OR
Eelco Grimm     Grimm Audio     The Netherlands
Andrew Hollis
Jon Iverson         Stereophile/Ultimate AV
Lou & Coleen Judson Intuitive Audio     San Francisco CA
Bob Katz +wife
Steve Lampen        Belden CDT      San Francisco CA
Brian L. McCarty        Wexler-McCarty Mgmt Queensland, Australia
Len Moskowitz       Core Sound
Bob Olhsson +1      Audio Mastery       Nashville TN
James & Della Perrett   JRP Music           United Kingdom
*Vince Poulos           Speck Electronics
Bruno Putzeys           Grimm Audio         The Netherlands
Mike Rivers
Bill Ruck           Broadcast Engineer  San Francisco CA
Keith Sklower                           San Francisco CA
Bob Smith           BS Studios
Mark Stahlman       New Media Laboratory    New York NY
Doug Van Sloun      Studio B, Ltd.      Omaha, NE
Jacques Verdier     Verdier Ventures        San Francisco CA
Barry Willis        Stereophile/Ultimate AV