[opendtv] Re: 3 Terabyte CDs

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:18:40 -0700

Larry wrote:
>InPhase is already in the U.S. broadcast market. I know for sure that
>Pappas Telecasting will have a unit at their Reno station and will be
>among the first to integrate holographic drives into their broadcast
>work flow.

That is correct. Pappas Telecasting's new Reno studios support two stations
in a tape less environment, broadcasting the CW networks HDTV signal as well
as producing newscasts in HD for both the CW and the TV Azteca network
stations. The studio and operations are technically very advanced and are a
pleasure to behold.