[openbeosstorage] Re: Staying Connected

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:27:20 +0100 CET

Howdy Ingo :-)

"Ingo Weinhold" <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> with a bit of luck I will have been successfully switched from analog
> phone to ISDN+DSL by tomorrow; with a bit more luck maybe even later
> today. Since I have no ISDN modem, I would have no chance to connect
> the internet, if something went wrong with the DSL stuff. So please
> stay patient, in case I don't reply to mails in the next days. :-)

Welcome to the dark side! :-)
And good luck, it all went good for me back then (though I didn't
switch from analog to ISDN, I still have an analog phone :-)).

> On a related note, I managed to indeliberately delete all the 1600+
> mails from my mail server -- it was as simple as deleting the POP
> lock
> file manually, after my DUN connection broke while fetching mails.

Ouch! If you don't have a local copy, many (university) ISPs are making
backups from those, perhaps they can recover them for you.

> Among those were also some, I hadn't read. I found two new ones from
> Axel in the SK list archive -- to which I have nothing (at least
> nothing substantial ;-) to answer -- but off-list mails would be lost
> completely. Just in case...

Thanks for the note, I think I was lazy today, so there wasn't much to
read from me :)

Adios...
   Axel.