[openbeosstorage] Re: [Open-beos-cvs]CVS:current/src/tests/add-ons/kernel/disk_scanner DiskScannerTest.cpp,1.7,1.8

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:04:35 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Axel =?iso-8859-1?q?D=F6rfler ?= wrote:

> Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > PS: Can anyone tell me, why I put the whole disk=5Fscanner FS module
> > API into headers/private=3F We don't want to officially disallow
> > creation of
> > third party session/partition(/FS) modules, do we=3F
> > BTW, that raises the question of versioning.
>
> It belongs into os/drivers - where all the headers for kernel add-ons
> are. Of course we could introduce a more appropriate location for file
> system related stuff (but there are some intersections).

I guess, I should move the whole disk_scanner dir there then.

> Why should versioning be a problem=3F This is usually done by adding a "/
> v1" to the exported module name which we could just adopt (if it's not
> yet done that way).

Well, that is done. What I wonder is, whether this specifies the version
of the API the module is written for or simply the version of the module.
I, for any reason, thought, it meant the latter...
Or should modules also export an `api_version' variable? I can't remember
having read that they should.

CU, Ingo