[openbeosnetteam] Re: panic when creating socket of unknown type

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:43:52 +0200 CEST

Hi Romain,

Romain <romain.haiku@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This list may be more accurate for my issue since I had no answer on
> the
> devel mailing-list.

Sorry, I intended to answer that one, it just got buried under a lot of
other mails.

[...]
> I tried to move the Add call to the net_socket_private constructor,
> and
> then I felt in the problem of my previous email (see bellow).

This particular issue is fixed in r30188, thanks for your
investigation!

> I can try to provide a patch, but I am afraid that I will do bad
> things
> without help since two points are not clear to me:
> - Is it ok to add all sockets in sSocketList as soon as they are
> created
> (this impacts socket_get_next_stats)?

This would not be the correct solution, as a socket can be in other
lists as well exclusively (ie. in its parent socket "pending" and
"connected" lists).

> - Is it ok to load the net_socket module as soon as the stack is
> created
> (It seems this was supposed to be done automatically only when
> needed) ?

I will look into this problem now. You can't just load the module, as
you would then no longer be able to unload the stack.

Bye,
   Axel.