[openbeosnetteam] libnet fix

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <n.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:50:30 +0200

Hi,

Like many other people, I too had a problem with the _res missing
symbol. I traced it to the point that it was redefined by libnet, in
resolv.conf, and I have the feeling that it clashed with a definition
outside libnet (probably the BeOS R5 libroot, I haven't looked at it
yet, because I only thought of it now). Anyway, I've changed all the
_res in the libnet source to the more meaningful (and less probable of
clashing) name _resolver_configuration. Now all the utilities work, and
when it doesn't work now, it's a real bug! May I commit?

Niels Sascha Reedijk