[openbeosnetteam] Next round of rtl8139 problems

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <n.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:40:45 +0200

Hello loving supporting fellow list members,

For those who just returned from a black hole, here's a recap. I've
written a replacement driver for the Realtek 8139 type of cards.

After it has been plagued by some strange errors (due to me), it's now
in a state of working. Or so I thought. The final problematic problem is
that the whole process slows down enormously when you receive large
packets. For example, if you open a website, and after that do a ping,
times will be disastrous (not to mention the amount of packets that get
lost). Why is this, you ask? Beats me. That's why I'm hoping that
someone else sees my huge bug, and helps me fix it. I'm desperate.
Really. Okay not really, but a little.

Niels Sascha Reedijk